We are pleased and honored that you are thinking about making the Exchange Street Church of Christ your home church.
Becoming a member is a simple but important process, made more so because of the society in which we now live. We believe the scriptures are clear; God desires ALL of His children to be active, growing and supportive of HIS family. His desire is for us to be a part of a growing community of faith by using the talents and gifts HE has given us for HIS glory (1 Corinthians 12; Romans 12). The family of God is not for lone rangers; rather it is a place where all HIS children can learn from each other, where brothers and sisters in Christ can work together to accomplish God’s will, and where joys are spread and burdens are shared.
BEING A MEMBER MEANS YOU…
- Wish to voluntarily identify yourself with this part of God’s family that meets in this place.
- Commit yourself to worshipping, serving and fellowshipping with this family.
- Want to be a part of a caring network of people and help one another grow.
- Respect the leadership and want to allow these shepherds to care for you.
- Are willing to travel in the same direction we are going in doing God’s will in this specific time and place.
- Willing to use your time, talents and resources to assist this family in her quest to honor GOD.
WHO IS MEMBERSHIP FOR?
· … have understood that we are saved by grace through faith (Titus 3:5)
· … have responded in faith to God by accepting Jesus Christ as HIS Son (John 3:16)
· … have publicly acknowledged HIM as their Lord and Savior (Romans 10:9-10)
· … been baptized by immersion as a believer (Matthew 28:19; Acts 2:38)
· … are learning to live like Jesus (Luke 6:40)
· … are committed to live a life of fellowship and peace with other believers (Acts2:42-47) and service to God and His will (Titus 2:11-14)
WHAT IF I JUST WANT TO WORSHIP?
Anyone is welcome to come and worship GOD with us as often as you like, for as long as you choose, even if you don’t want to become a member. If you ever want to talk about what it means to be a member, contact one of the elders and set up a time to meet.